Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1b transfer and visit to usa from india

Dear All, need help.

I was in usa from Aug 2013 till Apr 2016, employed with company 1 having a h1b visa valid till September 2017. I got a offer in Mar 2016 from company 2. And I got a receipt from company 2 in Apr 1st week 2016, however after receiving receipt number from company 2 I had to go to india ( basically I taken transfer from us to india). Now I wanted to resign from company 1 from india and join company 2 in usa in a different state.

Wanted to know that
    1. While my h1b visa from company 1 is valid till sep 2017, and company 2 receipt number is in process( not approved yet) can I travel usa and join company 2 ? Will there be any issues at Port of entry in different state ?.

I am travelling along with my dependents ?

Originally posted by Kdhar2 View Post
    Dear All, need help.

I was in usa from Aug 2013 till Apr 2016, employed with company 1 having a h1b visa valid till September 2017. I got a offer in Mar 2016 from company 2. And I got a receipt from company 2 in Apr 1st week 2016, however after receiving receipt number from company 2 I had to go to india ( basically I taken transfer from us to india). Now I wanted to resign from company 1 from india and join company 2 in usa in a different state.

Wanted to know that
    1. While my h1b visa from company 1 is valid till sep 2017, and company 2 receipt number is in process( not approved yet) can I travel usa and join company 2 ? Will there be any issues at Port of entry in different state ?.

I am travelling along with my dependents ?
    No you shouldn't. What's the I797 you would show at the POE?. Was transfer applied in premium?

This is my opinion not legal advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X