Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Company after I-140 Approved

Hi All,

This is my first post here and i need a suggestion/help in this .

I came in US (west coast) in Aug 2013 on L1-B visa and my current company A started my GC processing (PERM and I-140) .
    My I-140 got approved in Dec 2014 and my priority date is June 2014. But in Feb 2015 i moved to a different location (East Coast) for the same company
    and they filed the PERM again as it was needed , but my Priority date was maintained. Then in May 2015 i got selected in the H1-B lottery and i got shifted
    to H1-B from L1-B in november 2015 (stamping from India).So my H1-B is valid till 2018 end. Now my PERM in this new location is approved and they have recently applied for the i-140 again
    which i guess will take another good 6 months to approve (remember priority date of june 2014 is still maintained in Eb2 category).

Now, I plan to switch to Company-B (different location than company-A ) , who are ready to do the H1-B transfer and GC processing also (i guess they have to do PERM and I-140 again) , and hence i have some doubts :-

1) If i move to company B in next 1-2 months , will I be able to retain my priority date of June 2014 (provided my second I-140 filing is not approved till now) ?
    2) If my current company A revoke/withdraw the I-140 application after i move to company-B will i still be able to hold the priority date or it will be lost ?
    3) If company A does not revoke/withdraw the I-140 application , i guess i can get a 3 year extension in 2018, but if they withdraw then how many years extension will i get ?
    4) What will be my current status considered , I-140 approved(because my old I-140 was approved before) Or I-140 applied because my latest I-140 application is just filed a month ago ?

i basically want to understand if its a good decision to make a switch now ..!!

Please Advise
    Last edited by gourabm; 05-18-2016, 04:32 PM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X