Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Entry during F1 OPT

Hi,

I am on H1B and also have I-140. I got married recently in India and my wife is currently on F1 OPT extension which ends on June 30th 2016. We wanted to change status to H4 before she comes back to US but the first available visa slot is two months away. She is still eligible for other 15 months of OPT extension too but on I20 the OPT ends on June 30th 2016. Can she enter USA on F1 with just one month left on OPT and then change to H4 or will this lead to any complications at port of entry ?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Originally posted by santosh1121 View Post
    Hi,

I am on H1B and also have I-140. I got married recently in India and my wife is currently on F1 OPT extension which ends on June 30th 2016. We wanted to change status to H4 before she comes back to US but the first available visa slot is two months away. She is still eligible for other 15 months of OPT extension too but on I20 the OPT ends on June 30th 2016. Can she enter USA on F1 with just one month left on OPT and then change to H4 or will this lead to any complications at port of entry ?

Thanks in advance for the help.
    I don't think this will be an issue.
    This is just my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X