Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer to 2 companies

Hello Members,

I have a complicated situation at hand. I have been laid off from Company A. I have 2 job offers from Company B and Company C.
    Company B has filed for H1B transfer petition based on documents from Company A. Their petition is still not approved.
    Company C has just filed the LCA based on documents from Company A.

I understand that I need to join Company B to maintain my valid H1B status.

Will this impact me joining Company C once their petition is approved ? Can Company C still file their petition based on documents from A as B's petition is still not approved ? Should I delay the joining of Company B ?

I wish to join Company C, but maintaining valid status is equally important.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
    RajdhaniExpress

H1 transfer - complicated scenario

I was employed with Company A and was laid off. I have paystubs till 30 April 2016.

I got offer from Company B. Company B has filed for H1 (in premium processing) using Company A's H1 approval and I797. Company B wants me to start once USCIS receives the H1 application. Company B's immigration lawyers say I can join them on Monday once USCIS receives the Fedex package.

I had also interviewed with Company C and they offered me a job too. I started interviewing with Company C in early April and they are not aware of the fact that I was laid off. They intend to start H1 application (in premium processing - using Company A's H1 approval) by the end of next week.

Given this situtation I was looking for some advice:

1. Do I need to disclose to Company C that H1 is being filed by Company B as well? Should I also let Company C know that I was laid off by Company A. I personally don't want to tell Company C.

2. I read that it is important to maintain my H1 status, so should I join Company B? Is it advisable to join Company B once USCIS receives the application through Fedex?

3. My preference is to work for Company C. Can I join Company B now and then once Company C's H1(using Company A's approval) is approved, I join them? Is this possible? Does this have any affect on H1 approvals and my H1 status?

4. Is it advisable to let Company C file H1 application using Company A's H1 approval? Or should I join Company B, ask Company C to start their H1 filing once Company B's approval comes?

Comment

Originally posted by rajdhaniexpress View Post
      Hello Members,

I have a complicated situation at hand. I have been laid off from Company A. I have 2 job offers from Company B and Company C.
      Company B has filed for H1B transfer petition based on documents from Company A. Their petition is still not approved.
      Company C has just filed the LCA based on documents from Company A.

I understand that I need to join Company B to maintain my valid H1B status.

Will this impact me joining Company C once their petition is approved ? Can Company C still file their petition based on documents from A as B's petition is still not approved ? Should I delay the joining of Company B ?

I wish to join Company C, but maintaining valid status is equally important.

Please suggest.

Thanks,
      RajdhaniExpress

When was/is your last payday with Employer A?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
        When was/is your last payday with Employer A?
        April 30th was my last payday

Comment

same situation, please help me

How did you manage? I am also in same situation. Can you please reply?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X