Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **** H1 application

Hello,

This year (01Apr16) a consultancy in USA has applied H1B visa for me and I am paying for visa fee. But I am getting doubt that if they had really applied for visa for me or not. Below are the points that are creating doubt:

1. Consultancy gave me a scanned copy of my H1 application and there is a LCA case no. mentioned in it. I checked that LCA details in https://icert.doleta.gov and saw that it has "Total Worker Positions Being Requested for Certification = 1". But the consultancy gave the same LCA case no. to my friend (who also applied for H1 through same consultancy) in his H1 application form. When the LCA mentions that total worker positions certified is 1, how can this LCA case no. used for 2 H1 applications?

2. As per agreement consultancy promised to start the process once I pay the initial fee ($800). I paid the fee in March 2nd week. After 3 days they replied to me that LCA got approved and they are doing other documentation. Can LCA get approved in just 3 days? I googled and got to know that it will take min. of 7 working days.

Can anyone help me understand this situation and guide me how to proceed further?

Originally posted by aanup View Post

2. As per agreement consultancy promised to start the process once I pay the initial fee ($800). I paid the fee
    What is the fee for?
    Beware of shady consultancies, many are desi owned and operated in the US. There have been numerous scams and fraudulent job offers from these so-called consultancies, and US consulates, esp in Hyd and Chennai, have been closely scrutinizing H1b applicants of late.

Comment

Originally posted by daggit View Post
      What is the fee for?
      Beware of shady consultancies, many are desi owned and operated in the US. There have been numerous scams and fraudulent job offers from these so-called consultancies, and US consulates, esp in Hyd and Chennai, have been closely scrutinizing H1b applicants of late.
      Thanks for your response. The initial fee he asked is for the attorney, courier and other charges. And yes, this is a desi owned consultancy.
      Can you suggest me how to proceed on this? Is there any way to raise a complaint reg. this situation to USCIS? So that we can avoid this fraud for other applicants in future.

Comment

Originally posted by aanup View Post
        . And yes, this is a desi owned consultancy.
        Of course!

Contact the US Consulate in your city by email with this consultancy's name and contact info.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X