I-94 Extension after Passport Renewal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 Extension after Passport Renewal

Hi, My I-94 is expiring in June 2016 based on my old passport expiry date. I got my passport renewed now. My H1B Visa is valid till August 2017. Can someone let me know what can I do to get I-94 extended? If I got to custom and border protection then will they update my I-94 or do I have to travel outside U.S and return to get it updated.

Thanks,
    Ridhima

Originally posted by Ridhima View Post
    Hi, My I-94 is expiring in June 2016 based on my old passport expiry date. I got my passport renewed now. My H1B Visa is valid till August 2017. Can someone let me know what can I do to get I-94 extended? If I got to custom and border protection then will they update my I-94 or do I have to travel outside U.S and return to get it updated.

Thanks,
    Ridhima
    Three options, try the one which is fastest and most cost effective and then move to next option if it does not work.

In order of ease and cost:

1 . Go to nearest CBP office and request for extension.
    2. Leave US and re enter on fresh passport.
    3. File extension using I129 .

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by Ridhima View Post

Thanks,
      Ridhima
      Hi Ridhima,

Can you update, how you extended your i-94 finally ?
      - Did you visit any CBP office? if yes, what was the whole experience & which office did you go ?
      - Did you apply for extension.

I'm in similar situation, and looking for most feasible options.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X