Spouse travel under H4 dependent visa and pregnancy situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spouse travel under H4 dependent visa and pregnancy situation

Well. I am not sure whether this query fits in to this forum/category, but i am writing this as i am an H1 visa holder

Situation: I was in USA until the February 2016 and i was forced to travel back to India due to perm application decision pending and my H1 status went beyond 6 years. My wife got pregnant in March 2016 and I just got my perm approved and i will be travelling back to USA in the month of July or August. Is there any legal restriction that one cannot conceive in India or any other foreign nation and give birth in USA ? I am aware of medical restrictions which will allow/disallow entry on case by case basis but i would like to know if there is any blanket law which prohibits the entry apart from medical conditions. My stay in USA after July 2016 entry would be a long term one and my spouse would be covered by employer's medical insurance.

Just an additional note. My spouse was also with me in USA under H4 dependent visa from Feb 2015 to Feb 2016 and had effective medical coverage as well.

Appreciate your insight

Originally posted by devspace View Post
    Well. I am not sure whether this query fits in to this forum/category, but i am writing this as i am an H1 visa holder

Situation: I was in USA until the February 2016 and i was forced to travel back to India due to perm application decision pending and my H1 status went beyond 6 years. My wife got pregnant in March 2016 and I just got my perm approved and i will be travelling back to USA in the month of July or August. Is there any legal restriction that one cannot conceive in India or any other foreign nation and give birth in USA ? I am aware of medical restrictions which will allow/disallow entry on case by case basis but i would like to know if there is any blanket law which prohibits the entry apart from medical conditions. My stay in USA after July 2016 entry would be a long term one and my spouse would be covered by employer's medical insurance.

Just an additional note. My spouse was also with me in USA under H4 dependent visa from Feb 2015 to Feb 2016 and had effective medical coverage as well.

Appreciate your insight
    There is no such restriction. As long as you are allowed entry into US, and have the necessary medical coverage I think ti should be fine.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X