Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Impact on H4-EAD: Spouse changing jobs/H1b transfer..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impact on H4-EAD: Spouse changing jobs/H1b transfer..?

I am currently employed on the H4-EAD visa. My husband is in the process of changing his job and will have to transfer his H1b.

Assuming that his current employer will revoke his I-140, he will have file for it again. Once I-140 is revoked, H4 EAD eligibility is lost. Am I correct?

What happens to H4 EAD while H1b transfer is ongoing?

What happens to H4 EAD if I-140 is approved with premium processing? Do I have to file for H4 EAD all over again?

While his H1B was pending renewal, I already lost a job once. Fortunately, I found one recently. Am I going to lose my job again? My employer will not file for H1b and my husband must change his job.

Thanks!

Originally posted by dsthal View Post
    I am currently employed on the H4-EAD visa. My husband is in the process of changing his job and will have to transfer his H1b.

Assuming that his current employer will revoke his I-140, he will have file for it again. Once I-140 is revoked, H4 EAD eligibility is lost. Am I correct?

What happens to H4 EAD while H1b transfer is ongoing?

What happens to H4 EAD if I-140 is approved with premium processing? Do I have to file for H4 EAD all over again?

While his H1B was pending renewal, I already lost a job once. Fortunately, I found one recently. Am I going to lose my job again? My employer will not file for H1b and my husband must change his job.

Thanks!
    How long have you been in US?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      How long have you been in US?
      10 years. My husband has been in US for 13 years.

I was working on H1B until I took a maternity break for a year and then converted to H4 >> H4-EAD

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X