Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I out of status? URGENT reply needed

Hi,
    I came back from India on 5 May 2015 with H4 stamped in passport. H4 visa is valid till 2 May 2017. But as my passport was expiring on 4 May 2016, I got my I94 till 4 May 2016. I got my passport renewed for another 10 years but I didnt know that my I94 has also to be extended. Please clarify,

1. Am I out of status in US inspite of my H4 visa valid till 2017?
    2. If I am out of status, then what option do I have to get my I94 renewed if I continue staying in US?
    3. If I am out of status and have to go out of country to get new I94, then can I go to Mexico instead of India to get new I94?

Please provide your suggestions on a urgent basis.

Please visit nearest CBP center and update your i94. Show your new passport.

Originally posted by NG2508 View Post
    Hi,
    I came back from India on 5 May 2015 with H4 stamped in passport. H4 visa is valid till 2 May 2017. But as my passport was expiring on 4 May 2016, I got my I94 till 4 May 2016. I got my passport renewed for another 10 years but I didnt know that my I94 has also to be extended. Please clarify,

1. Am I out of status in US inspite of my H4 visa valid till 2017?
    2. If I am out of status, then what option do I have to get my I94 renewed if I continue staying in US?
    3. If I am out of status and have to go out of country to get new I94, then can I go to Mexico instead of India to get new I94?

Please provide your suggestions on a urgent basis.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X