Valid H1B Visa, Can I enter US on personal cost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valid H1B Visa, Can I enter US on personal cost

I have got my H1B Visa stamped from Company A. But company does not have any plans to send to US. I have not travelled to USA before. Since I have valid H1B Visa from Company A, can I enter USA on my personal cost and search another job there. Pls advise. I have tried that other company can transfer H1B visa but I think it takes time, that is why I am not getting response.
    Thanks,
    Nidhi

H1b

The simple answer is no. you wouldn't be able to come on the H1B to look for a job. the requirement when you have the H1B is that you have a valid H1B (which you do) AND you are getting paid (which you won't). so you would be out of status while looking for a job and then wouldn't be able to get the H1B transferred since you don't have the pay stubs from the original employer.
    This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by samlynn View Post
      The simple answer is no. you wouldn't be able to come on the H1B to look for a job. the requirement when you have the H1B is that you have a valid H1B (which you do) AND you are getting paid (which you won't). so you would be out of status while looking for a job and then wouldn't be able to get the H1B transferred since you don't have the pay stubs from the original employer.

Thanks for replying. But since I am in Canada, can any other new employer transfer H1B. How long does it take for a new employer to transfer H1B in priority.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X