New H1B transfer on previous company H1B receipt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New H1B transfer on previous company H1B receipt

I'm on a H1B status and was initially working for Company A, with an approved Visa. A few months ago after resigning from Company A Feb 2016, I initiated a H1 transfer to Company B. I have been working for Company B for the last 3 months, and on their pay role since then. However my visa transfer with Company B is still in process, and yet to be approved. Meanwhile, I have got an offer from Company C, and am thinking about joining them. Due to some personal situation

1. Is it legal to transfer my Visa to Company C while my Visa with Company B is still in progress. Note that I have worked with Company B for about 3 months.
    Company C has started my visa transfer under counselar processing. Will there be any issues ? I have visa stamping till April 2017

2. Will I have to wait until my Visa with Company B has been approved? Can I use approval notice from Company A and pay stubs from Company B to initiate transfer with Company C ?

3. Will there be any legal issues since there will be multiple H1 transfer cases, one with Company B and other with Company C. I have read somewhere that "Multiple filings can create confusion when trying to track an individual's status. There are issues with what is known as 'bridging' when there are multiple filings. If one is relying on the filing from Employer B as a bridge in status to carry him/her over to Employer C, the Employer B petition has to be approved in order for the Employer C petition to be approved as an extension of status." If Company B cancels my pending visa transfer, will this affect my chances of H1 approval with Company C ?

Any kind on response for the above would be appreciated.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X