No announcement yet.

L2 to H1b conversion quesry: Urgent !!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 to H1b conversion quesry: Urgent !!

Hi, I am currently working on L2+EAD with a company which is expiring on June 24, 2016. My current employer has applied for my H1b and application is picked up in lottery (normal process) which, if approved, will be effective from 1st Oct, 2016. My spouse's employer has applied for L1/L2/EAD extension in premium process. There were considerable delays from employer and attorney office due to which we may not be able to get our results before June 20th. Now I have below queries :

1.) Are there any chances that my EAD may be approved with L2 extension? (I know there is no premium process in L2 and EAD)
    2.) If I convert my H1 process to premium and get it approved sooner, is there any USCIS rule which may allow me to work before 1st Oct?
    3.) In the worst case, if our L1/L2 extension petition is rejected, and we have to move to India on 24th June, how will it impact my H1-b process?

Originally posted by Saurabh Agarwal View Post
    Hi, I am currently working on L2+EAD with a company which is expiring on June 24, 2016. My current employer has applied for my H1b and application is picked up in lottery (normal process) which, if approved, will be effective from 1st Oct, 2016. My spouse's employer has applied for L1/L2/EAD extension in premium process. There were considerable delays from employer and attorney office due to which we may not be able to get our results before June 20th. Now I have below queries :

1.) Are there any chances that my EAD may be approved with L2 extension? (I know there is no premium process in L2 and EAD)
    2.) If I convert my H1 process to premium and get it approved sooner, is there any USCIS rule which may allow me to work before 1st Oct?
    3.) In the worst case, if our L1/L2 extension petition is rejected, and we have to move to India on 24th June, how will it impact my H1-b process?
    1. Possible.
    2. No. Earliest start date can be 01-Oct-2016.
    3. You will jus thave to get yourself H1 visa stamped and return to US using the H1 visa.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X