Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H4 to F1 denied. Can travel back on H4 ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to F1 denied. Can travel back on H4 ?

Hello all, My wife came on H4 visa along with me last year. Since she want to pursue MS over here we applied for change of status to F1 which was later approved by USCIS after 4 months.

She recently visited India for F1 stamping which was denied. Her H4 visa is still good and there is no stamp on her passport regarding F1 or H4 after F1 visa was denied.

Do we need to fill in a new DS-160 form for H4 for my wife and book a H4 visa interview slot? or Since H4 is still valid can she travel back to India without attending H4 visa, doing so will cause any trouble at port of entry? Kindly provide your valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by gadiga View Post
    Hello all, My wife came on H4 visa along with me last year. Since she want to pursue MS over here we applied for change of status to F1 which was later approved by USCIS after 4 months.

She recently visited India for F1 stamping which was denied. Her H4 visa is still good and there is no stamp on her passport regarding F1 or H4 after F1 visa was denied.

Do we need to fill in a new DS-160 form for H4 for my wife and book a H4 visa interview slot? or Since H4 is still valid can she travel back to India without attending H4 visa, doing so will cause any trouble at port of entry? Kindly provide your valuable suggestions.

Thanks in advance
    As long as h4 is valid in passport and you are maintaining valid H1 status, she can travel. Make sure she carries your valid h1 documents .

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X