Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tax the cash while sitting on the bench

Hi All,

I was on H1b with company ABC from March 2015. For about half a year I was sitting on a bench and was paid a cash instead of pay stubs.
    Now i'm resigning from ABC and starting with new employer ZXY (transfer in progress, got receipt notice for the H-1B petition).
    Now I'm planning to file a tax for 2015 year and want to include 'shadow' cash that i've got from my former employer. Is there any risk that i'll be in trouble because I accepted cash from my employer?

Originally posted by HiddenJoe View Post
    Hi All,

I was on H1b with company ABC from March 2015. For about half a year I was sitting on a bench and was paid a cash instead of pay stubs.
    Now i'm resigning from ABC and starting with new employer ZXY (transfer in progress, got receipt notice for the H-1B petition).
    Now I'm planning to file a tax for 2015 year and want to include 'shadow' cash that i've got from my former employer. Is there any risk that i'll be in trouble because I accepted cash from my employer?
    I believe Tax filing time for 2015 is already over, also this "cash payment" does not seem legitimate. Without paystubs/W2 a transfer may not be approved.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

You should have declined untaxed cash payments from the get go.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X