Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Transfer on old but valid H1

Hi,

I have a H1B visa valid till Dec 2006. This visa was stamped on Feb 2004 and then I travelled to US on this visa. I was there till August 2004 then I came back to India and continued working for an Indian company. Now I have left that company and joined another one and working on a project for that company in different country. Naturally I have a new visa stamped on my passport for this country.

A consulting company has approached me and they are willing to transfer my existing H1B. Can some one help me with following question please?

1. Since I do not work with the company who filed for my H1, can I use that visa for applying for H1 transfer?
    2. Since last I worked in USA was in August 2004 obviously I do not have ay paystubs after that. Could that be a problem?
    3. I have a new visa stamped on my passport when I travelled to this country for current project. Will this affect H1 transfer in any way?
    4. Even if I manage to get H1 transfered, will there be a problem for my wife getting an H4?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Shank; 03-05-2006, 09:51 AM.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X