Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DS-160 Question

Hello,

I am an Indian citizen and do not have a Canadian PR yet. I am planning to visit Canada to complete my landing process for Canadian PR and appear for H-1B visa stamping at the same time. At the time of submitting this DS-160 form today, I do not have Canadian PR. However, at the time of Visa interview in Canada, I might be a Canadian PR holder, depending on the successful completion of landing process. How should I respond to the below question on DS-160 form.

Are you a permanent resident of a country/region other than your country/region of origin (nationality) above

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Originally posted by mohit7269 View Post
    Hello,

I am an Indian citizen and do not have a Canadian PR yet. I am planning to visit Canada to complete my landing process for Canadian PR and appear for H-1B visa stamping at the same time. At the time of submitting this DS-160 form today, I do not have Canadian PR. However, at the time of Visa interview in Canada, I might be a Canadian PR holder, depending on the successful completion of landing process. How should I respond to the below question on DS-160 form.

Are you a permanent resident of a country/region other than your country/region of origin (nationality) above

You can update the DS 160 if you get the PR before the interview.

This is my opinion not legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      You can update the DS 160 if you get the PR before the interview.

This is my opinion not legal advice
      Hi Raghvi,

Thank you for your reply. I will be landing in Canada on a weekend and appearing for visa interview the next day on Monday. Visa appointment folks are saying that I will have to cancel my current appointment and submit a new DS160.

Any thoughts on what are options to update the DS 160 without losing my visa appointment?

Thanks,
      Mohit

Comment

Hi Raghvi,

I have learned that we could submit a new DS-160 with the necessary changes and take both the old and the new confirmations for the visa stamping appointment. At the consulate, just before the appointment, we can request the officer to use new DS-160 confirmation instead of old one.

Do you know if this is permitted? Appreciate your guidance.

Thanks,
        Last edited by mohit7269; 06-27-2016, 02:21 PM.

Comment

Hi Raghvi,

I have learned that we could submit a new DS-160 with the necessary changes and take both the old and the new confirmations for the visa stamping appointment. At the consulate, just before the appointment, we can request the officer to use new DS-160 confirmation instead of old one.

Do you know if this is permitted? Appreciate your guidance.

Thanks,
          Mohit
          I am in the same situation. Were you able to proceed with your appointment or you had to change it?

Thanks

Comment

Need update please?

Hello,

I am in the same situation. I am in US and have Canada COPR, will go to Canada for landing and for US H1B Visa stamping too. Please share your experience?

In DS-160 should I mention that I have Canada PR with PR Visa number stamped on my passport? Or mention 'No' for the permanent resident question in DS-160? Either way I will mention of the situation to the people who do initial check at the Consulate/Embassy before the actual interview.

Thanks,
            Ashish

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X