Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B after 6 years?

Hi,
    What happens after 6 years on H1B if I want to stay in the US? Let's say i don't get green card. Do I have to go back to my country? I read that I have to be outside US for at least 1 year and then I can apply for a new H1B for 6 more years. Does this 1 year have to be in my country or can it be anywhere except US?

If I leave after 5 years on H1B and I am outside US for 1 year - what happens if I apply for a new H1B? Do I get 6 more years or will they only give me 1 year? If I only get 1 year H1B, will I have to leave the US again for one year and apply for 6 years after that?

Originally posted by qwert1212 View Post
    Hi,
    What happens after 6 years on H1B if I want to stay in the US? Let's say i don't get green card. Do I have to go back to my country? I read that I have to be outside US for at least 1 year and then I can apply for a new H1B for 6 more years. Does this 1 year have to be in my country or can it be anywhere except US?

If I leave after 5 years on H1B and I am outside US for 1 year - what happens if I apply for a new H1B? Do I get 6 more years or will they only give me 1 year? If I only get 1 year H1B, will I have to leave the US again for one year and apply for 6 years after that?
    It's not that one needs green card to stay beyond 6 years, a suitable immigrant application, even if pending, can be enough. Please put questions as bullets to help in clearly articulating a response.

This is my opinion not legal advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X