Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Typo on the H1B Visa stamp (URGENT)

Hello,

I got H1B visa stamping on my passport last week from Mumbai Consulate. I just got my passport and found that all information (my name, visa dates, birth date etc.) is correct on the visa stamp except the name of the petitioner (employer), at the bottom of the stamp. They missed first two characters of the name of my employer.

I called the VFS office in Mumbai and asked if this could cause problem at the port of entry. They said, usually it is fine, but it depends on the officer at the port of entry, but I can explain it to the officer.

I also asked my travel agent in India. He said this was a minor mistake. If I have all valid documents such as I-979, I-94, Letter from employer etc. I should not have any problems. I have all the above mentioned documents with me.

The same error is with my wife's visa stamp.

Should I go to Mumbai and get it corrected, or they consider my case at the port of entry if I explain it to the officer.

I live 450 km. away from Mumbai. So if possible, I want to avoid a trip to Mumbai.

I am leaving for US next Tuesday. Your prompt response is highly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X