Waiting time for h1b stamping appointment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting time for h1b stamping appointment

Can someone tell what is the waiting time from receiving approved H1B docs to stamping date in India.
    I am in India and planning to file cap exempt H1B since I have 2 years left.
    But duration of the process is worrying for joining new project.

I saw waiting time as 90 days in website which is scary. Can someone tell me how soon I can take an visa appointment after getting approval docs for h1. This is for any Indian city.

Thanks.

Even Though the waiting period shows 90 days, you can go ahead and fill DS160 and schedule the appointment on available date. Later there will be option to reschedule the appointment to before the actual appointment due some other person's cancellation etc. Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by AVM View Post
      Even Though the waiting period shows 90 days, you can go ahead and fill DS160 and schedule the appointment on available date. Later there will be option to reschedule the appointment to before the actual appointment due some other person's cancellation etc. Good Luck
      Thanks for your response. Do you have an idea, what is reasonable amount of time for getting an appointment. Is 2-3 weeks Safe to assume if I can go to any center in India.

Comment

Originally posted by AVM View Post
        This suggestion does not work as we have to make the commitment before hand. Any one scheduled interview recently and got a date within 2 weeks or so.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X