X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension and H4 retrurning back to US within visa expiry period

Hi All,

Please advise on below :
    My and my wife(she is on H4) visa is due for expiry on 31-Oct-2016. My wife has plan to visit her country in the month of Aug(1st/2nd week) and return back in 2nd week of October. My company has already started the process of VISA extension of mine and my wife, but it has not been filed (to USCIS) yet. Please let me know if there is any issue with her travel or returning back to US.

Thanks!!

Originally posted by nish0001 View Post
    Hi All,

Please advise on below :
    My and my wife(she is on H4) visa is due for expiry on 31-Oct-2016. My wife has plan to visit her country in the month of Aug(1st/2nd week) and return back in 2nd week of October. My company has already started the process of VISA extension of mine and my wife, but it has not been filed (to USCIS) yet. Please let me know if there is any issue with her travel or returning back to US.

Thanks!!
    It is risky in the sense that upon her re entry she would most likely get an I94 only till Oct 2016, which will need another extension to be filed to match your I94. Either file her H4 we extension after the return or get extension approved, get a new visa and re enter.

This is my opinion not legal advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X