Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old H1B and lottery

Hi,
    I relocated to India in Oct 2015 from US. I was working full time on a H1B visa since 2008 till I relocated to India for good. My Green Card processing was also started when I was there in US. Since I left to India, my H1B visa is no longer active. Now, I am planning to apply for an internal transfer or apply for a new job and move back to US due to personal reasons. Let's say, I get a job/transfer in Sep/Oct. In what visa, can I go back to US? Does it have to be L1 or can I go with H1B, given that I previously had a H1B.

I am hearing some people saying that, since I already had a H1B in the past, I don't need to wait till April 2017, to see if my name comes up in lottery. And that my future employer can use the old H1B and just do a transfer of employer and it would work smoothly. Is that true?

Also, as an additional question, if I visit US in the next month or so on business/tourist visa (B1/B2) visa for business/tourism purposes, will that change my situation or worsen my chances of going back to US again for employment in H1B?

Please let me know your opinion/thoughts on this issue.

Regards,
    Ram.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X