Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name Split in First H1B Stamping (Surname absent in passport)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name Split in First H1B Stamping (Surname absent in passport)

Good Morning Experts!

I have a passport with no surname, My Given Name says "ABC DEF". First time H1B stamping my I797 had the Name as Last name = "ABC DEF", First Name = "No Name Given". However during visa stamping they(split it) put my name as First Name = ABC Last name = DEF. Hence my i94 had the name as per stamping when I came in 2013.

I applied of H1 extension which was granted till Dec 2014. Again I797 had Last name = "ABC DEF", First Name = "No Name Given". I applied for another extension in Oct 2014 which was granted till 2017 and again I797 had Last name = "ABC DEF", First Name = "No Name Given".

I went to India in 2016, this time in stamping they put my name as First Name = FNU Last name = ABC DEF. Now my i94 has the name as per current stamping. My recent i94 doesnt show any travel history. It shows as if I have entered US for the first time.

I went to i94 office & they told it has to be corrected by USCIS. I believe USCIS has to correct my first stamping record and update the Name as First Name = FNU, Last name = ABC DEF. My question is - Will USCIS do that & if yes any possible guidance on how shall I proceed with this situation.

PS - People have suggested the change of name in my passport, However with 3 I797s according to the current passport, I know it is going to be very long and tedious process :-(

Thanks a lot for taking time to read the case!

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X