Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traveling out of country after H1 approval but before start date

Hello,

I did my Masters in the United States and was on F1 OPT EAD. Recently my H1-B petition got approved with start date from October 1st, 2016. My OPT is valid till March 2017. I am planning to travel to Canada during mid August for a couple of days due to personal reasons. I have a few questions regarding that:
    1) Would it be a risk if I travel out of country before October 1st?
    2) Do I have to get stamping when I am returning back from Canada?
    3) I heard that I have to get stamping from my home country i.e. India, the first time I leave country on my H1. Is it true? or can I get stamping from Canada too?
    4)Is there a risk that if I go to Canada, I would not be allowed back to the US until I go back to my home country and get stamping done?
    5)As I still have my OPT EAD valid till March 2017 and my H1 start date is October 1st, do I have to travel as an F-1 in August? If so, what all documents would be required?

Can you please share your inputs regarding my situation? I would really appreciate any help. Thank you.

Originally posted by helpforvisa5 View Post
    Hello,

I did my Masters in the United States and was on F1 OPT EAD. Recently my H1-B petition got approved with start date from October 1st, 2016. My OPT is valid till March 2017. I am planning to travel to Canada during mid August for a couple of days due to personal reasons. I have a few questions regarding that:
    1) Would it be a risk if I travel out of country before October 1st?
    2) Do I have to get stamping when I am returning back from Canada?
    3) I heard that I have to get stamping from my home country i.e. India, the first time I leave country on my H1. Is it true? or can I get stamping from Canada too?
    4)Is there a risk that if I go to Canada, I would not be allowed back to the US until I go back to my home country and get stamping done?
    5)As I still have my OPT EAD valid till March 2017 and my H1 start date is October 1st, do I have to travel as an F-1 in August? If so, what all documents would be required?

Can you please share your inputs regarding my situation? I would really appreciate any help. Thank you.
    Have you already got H1 approval notice with new I94?

Comment

Traveling out of country after H1 approval but before start date

Hello Raghvi,

Yes I already received H1 approval notice with new I94.

Comment

Originally posted by helpforvisa5 View Post
        Hello Raghvi,

Yes I already received H1 approval notice with new I94.
        As long as you return before Oct 2016 using your F1 visa, you should be good.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X