Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B- Transfer - I140 Clear with current employer - Can I keep priority Date

Hi,

I am currently with Company A on H1B- valid till 9/10/2018. My GC was filed (EB3) on 7/11 and I-140 cleared on 7/2012. My 6 years on H1-B exhausted from 05/2008- 05/2014. I am getting extensions on basis of my I-140 with company A.
    I need to join Company B and need to know:

1. Can Company B Transfer my H1B w/o risk - ?
    2. Does Company B have to re-start my GC process from scratch - Labor, PERM, I-140?
    3. Can Company B keep the same priority date - 7/11 or I have to restart all over again and everything will restart?
    4. I believe Company A will revoke my I-140, in that case is there a time limit for Company B to restart the GC process so that I can keep my priority date? Company B is telling me that they will re-start the GC process after 12 months of joining.

Any help is appreciated. I need to make a switch but want to check the impact before deciding on the transfer path.

Thanks,
    Karan -

Originally posted by gurpreetrajput View Post
    Hi,

I am currently with Company A on H1B- valid till 9/10/2018. My GC was filed (EB3) on 7/11 and I-140 cleared on 7/2012. My 6 years on H1-B exhausted from 05/2008- 05/2014. I am getting extensions on basis of my I-140 with company A.
    I need to join Company B and need to know:

1. Can Company B Transfer my H1B w/o risk - ?
    2. Does Company B have to re-start my GC process from scratch - Labor, PERM, I-140?
    3. Can Company B keep the same priority date - 7/11 or I have to restart all over again and everything will restart?
    4. I believe Company A will revoke my I-140, in that case is there a time limit for Company B to restart the GC process so that I can keep my priority date? Company B is telling me that they will re-start the GC process after 12 months of joining.

Any help is appreciated. I need to make a switch but want to check the impact before deciding on the transfer path.

Thanks,
    Karan -
    1. Yes.
    2. Yes.
    3. Priority date can be carried over, make sure you get a copy of I140 approval from your current employer.
    4. B has to file PERM at least 1 year before new H1 1797 expiry OR get I140 approved before that day, in order to get H1 extension. So suppose, B gets I797 expiry till Sep 2018, then they have to file PERM before Sep 2017, or hope I140 gets approved by Sep 2018.

This is my opinion not legal advice

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X