Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stolen Passport and Visa! New Appointment with New Passport - Drop-Box Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stolen Passport and Visa! New Appointment with New Passport - Drop-Box Experience

Hi,

I work in USA and was vacationing in Europe when my Passport (including all US Visas) were stolen. After filing the Police Report and reporting the loss of Passport and Visas. I had to travel back to India on a Emergency Certificate issued by the Local Indian Embassy in Europe.

After reaching India, I applied for a fresh new Passport and now have to schedule an appointment to get my most recent valid H1-B Visa all over again.

While creating my application and following the appointment scheduling process, I went through the questionnaire for Drop-Box Eligibility. Turn out I am ELIGIBLE for Drop-Box.

Now my concern is, during drop-box submission. Applicants are expected to submit all passports with US Visas. I dont have this anymore as my Passports are stolen!

I do however have original of my I797, New Passport and Photocopy of old passport with all visas. Would this suffice?
    Does anyone have any experience with similar situation?

I'd really appreciate your pointers.

Thanks
    SA

PS: I did reach out to help-center of ustraveldocs and have only heard ambiguous statements.
    Last edited by sarthak; 07-09-2016, 03:33 PM.

Bump !!

Comment

What happened ?

Originally posted by sarthak View Post
      Bump !!
      How did it go ? I have reported my passport as lost but was found later and returned . After answering all question it turned out to be a drop box. M in similar situation. Let me see how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by ChinmayDutta View Post
        How did it go ? I have reported my passport as lost but was found later and returned . After answering all question it turned out to be a drop box. M in similar situation. Let me see how it goes.
        Hi could you let us know how it went ?? Were you eligible for Dropbox ?? I am in the same boat so asking

Comment

Any response

Hi can anyone please respond to what they did? Everyone expects people to help them when they post questions but no one ends up reporting back or following up in the thread defeating the whole purpose.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X