Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 to h1 cos

Hi,

I have my h1b Cos approved I 797a and received approval notice on 25th Nov 2015. I have made an emergency travel to India on 26th Nov 2015 and still in India.
    If I'm not utilising my h1b can I travel on my h4 which has end date till April 2017 ?
    Do I need to get my h1b stamped if I like to work.?

Please help me in answering
    Thank you

Originally posted by Nshan View Post
    Hi,

I have my h1b Cos approved I 797a and received approval notice on 25th Nov 2015. I have made an emergency travel to India on 26th Nov 2015 and still in India.
    If I'm not utilising my h1b can I travel on my h4 which has end date till April 2017 ?
    Do I need to get my h1b stamped if I like to work.?

Please help me in answering
    Thank you
    Once you changed your status, you will need to use the new status. So you will be asked about what you are going to do in the US and you should state you are working.
    This is purely my opinion and does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by mindrd View Post
      Once you changed your status, you will need to use the new status. So you will be asked about what you are going to do in the US and you should state you are working.
      Agree with the first part, though OP can state s\he is working only if doing so. Which may be stretching things if OP has been out of the US since Nov'15.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X