X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-539 questions 3,4 for H4 Ext beyond 6 years w approved I-140,

Hello there,

Please advise !!

I am about to apply H4 extension for my wife beyond six years with approved I-140 for my husband(have not filed I-485 yet since the PD is January 2014, long way to go) but going through the I-539 extension form I came across three questions which I am not sure what should I answer.

Here are the two questions;
    1. Are you or any other person included on the application an applicant for an immigrant visa ?
    2. Has an immigrant petition EVER been filed for you or for any other person included in this application?

This is what my understanding since I-140 wasn't filed for my wife the answer should be " No" as she is dependent. I searched a lot online but couldn't find satisfied answer online so I need expert's advise here, could please someone help me.....

Thanks,

Hello,
    I am facing the same problem with my I-539 form where my wife's I-140 is approved and I am filing for a change of status. Can you please share what you finally mentioned in I-539 and if it was acceptable by USCIS.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Originally posted by 2735 View Post
    Hello there,

Please advise !!

I am about to apply H4 extension for my wife beyond six years with approved I-140 for my husband(have not filed I-485 yet since the PD is January 2014, long way to go) but going through the I-539 extension form I came across three questions which I am not sure what should I answer.

1. Are you or any other person included on the application an applicant for an immigrant visa ?
    2. Has an immigrant petition EVER been filed for you or for any other person included in this application?

This is what my understanding since I-140 wasn't filed for my wife the answer should be " No" as she is dependent. I searched a lot online but couldn't find satisfied answer online so I need expert's advise here, could please someone help me.....

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by AAgarwal View Post
      Hello,
      I am facing the same problem with my I-539 form where my wife's I-140 is approved and I am filing for a change of status. Can you please share what you finally mentioned in I-539 and if it was acceptable by USCIS.

Thanks a lot in advance.
      hi Aagrawal,

I mentioned "no"for those questions and the case is approved already !

hope this will help you !

Comment

Originally posted by 2735 View Post
        Hello there,

Please advise !!

Thanks,

An immigrant visa was not filed for your wife. the answer should be no.
        This is purely my opinion and does not constitute legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X