Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 EAD Visa Stamping question

Hi All,

My husband and I are planning to go to Mexico to get my H4 and his H1B visa stamped. We have couple of questions below if you can answer.

1). I got H4 EAD recently so which I797 receipt number (H4 or H4 EAD) should I be using for "Petition Number" while adding myself as one of the applicants when booking Visa appointment slot and also anywhere else asked.
    2). My husband's H1 and my H4, H4 EAD are valid till December 2018 but my husband was able to get client letter for only till this November 2016. In this case, will we get our visa stamped till Nov 2016 or till December 2018?

Thanks
    Last edited by PriyaMalik9; 07-25-2016, 02:20 PM. Reason: more information

Anyone knows?

Comment

Guys, can someone reply pls?

Comment

Originally posted by PriyaMalik9 View Post
        Guys, can someone reply pls?
        You need to refer to your spouse's I797. I would not recommend going for interview if you don't have client letter.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          You need to refer to your spouse's I797. I would not recommend going for interview if you don't have client letter.

So, even though it's for the visa appointment (Not in DS 160) and does not ask for principal applicant's petition number, I still provide my husband's I797 receipt number and not mine?

Comment

Originally posted by PriyaMalik9 View Post
            So, even though it's for the visa appointment (Not in DS 160) and does not ask for principal applicant's petition number, I still provide my husband's I797 receipt number and not mine?
            Yes. Your H4 I797 is for record keeping and to refer in future if asked for. It pretty much of not much significance during the current interview process as you are still applying for a dependent visa and for that primary I797 is important..

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
              Yes. Your H4 I797 is for record keeping and to refer in future if asked for. It pretty much of not much significance during the current interview process as you are still applying for a dependent visa and for that primary I797 is important..

Ok, thanks raghvi..

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X