Form I-129, Withdrawal Acknowledgement Notice Was Sent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Form I-129, Withdrawal Acknowledgement Notice Was Sent

I was picked in the H1B lottery this year. I tried to validate my case status in USCIS website and to my dismay found this message "On August 1, 2016, we received your request to withdraw your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EAC YYYY YYYY XX, and completed our review. We mailed you a Withdrawal Acknowledgment Notice. If you do not receive your Withdrawal Acknowledgment Notice by August 31, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."
    What does this message mean?? Did my petition get approved or was my I-129 withdrawn before my petition was approved?
    Can an employer withdraw Form I-129 without employee's consent?

Originally posted by sreinee View Post
    I was picked in the H1B lottery this year. I tried to validate my case status in USCIS website and to my dismay found this message "On August 1, 2016, we received your request to withdraw your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number EAC YYYY YYYY XX, and completed our review. We mailed you a Withdrawal Acknowledgment Notice. If you do not receive your Withdrawal Acknowledgment Notice by August 31, 2016, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."
    What does this message mean?? Did my petition get approved or was my I-129 withdrawn before my petition was approved?
    Can an employer withdraw Form I-129 without employee's consent?
    Yes the employer can. Its their petition, they can withdraw it any time . Check with your employer.
    This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Yes the employer can. Its their petition, they can withdraw it any time . Check with your employer.
      How will I know if the petition has been approved or not??

Comment

Originally posted by sreinee View Post
        How will I know if the petition has been approved or not??
        By asking your employer.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X