Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Interview - Vancouver B.C - August 8th 8:30 AM Appointment

Hi All,

First of all, I would like to relieve you all from the suspense/final outcome of my Visa Interview - I got my Visa

Appointment date and time: August 8th 2016., 8:30 AM

We reached the consulate by 7:30 AM and we grabbed a starbucks coffee instead of standing in the Line as the security will let you stand in the line only 15-20 minutes prior to the appointment time.
    Coming to the rules and regulations to carry into the Visa Interview, we are allowed to carry only a Analog watch, and all the documents and we should not carry anything which is sealed. My friend brought a fitbit and the security asked him to deposit it and they refused it inside the consulate. Any electronic items needs to be left in the hotel room to avoid any hassle.

As soon as I was past the security, it was the fingerprint time. Please carry a latest photograph and the passport photograph. The photo should adher the US Passport Photo standards(Size and white color background). If we dont have one, the officer who verifies the photograph will request us to take a picture in the photobooth available in the consulate. Also, there is another option if you need a passport photo in the last minute, there is a photobooth right accross the street from the Consulate and one can use it to avoid hassle. The one inside the US Consulate was having some technical issues when I was there today.

As my appointment time was 8:30AM, I was allowed into the building by 8:30 AM and I had to go thru security and fingerprints, it took me close to hour and I was standing in the line for my Visa Interview around 9:45.

There were only two visa officers interviewing the candidates and it took quite some time for my number to come.

Here goes my Interview Experience:

VO: Hi, Good Morning

Myself: Hello, Good Morning

VO: Are you XYZ, and what Visa are you on?

Myself: Yes, I am XYZ and I am here on a H1B Visa today.

VO: Is it a renewal?

Myself: Yes!

VO: So, you are on H1B and your highest qualification is Bachelors? Am I right? Also, you dont have a Masters or Ph.D here in United states, am I right?

Myself: Yes and Yes, my highest degree is Bachelors and I dont have a Masters or Ph.D here in US.

VO: Is this a H1B renewal and are you with the same employer from the last time?

Myself: Yes, this is a H1B renewal and I am with the same employer.

VO: Can you please tell me your responsibilities with the client and how long have you been working for the Client. How did you employer place you at your client. Can you briefly tell me?

Myself: I answered all his questions and he handed me a blue slip with a pramphlett stating the rights of a Employee and asked me if ever face a problem to call the help line number.

VO: Congratulations, your visa is approved.

Myself: Thanks! Have a nice day!!

This was my experience and the irony was, they did not ask me my LCA or Payslip unlike the last time. The only document VO checked was the i797B and verified my name and identity.
    I read experiences of many immigrants from this website and here is my 2 cents. Hope this helps.

Congrats and thanks for the info. Can you tell me when did you book this appointment for Aug 8th? I cant see any more appointments in any of the US consulates in Canada for this year 2016. So just wondering if some date will open up later..

Comment

H1b visa interview at Vancouver

Hi,

Can you say when did you book the appointment date? I am unable to find an appointment for any month for the past few weeks.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Anitha Seenivasagam View Post
        Hi,

Can you say when did you book the appointment date? I am unable to find an appointment for any month for the past few weeks.

Thanks
        I too could not find an appointment initially. Finally last Friday (12th Aug) got an appointment for 18th Aug. You should keep checking everyday. Some slots might open up if there are cancellations.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X