H1B Visa Re-Stamping Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B Visa Re-Stamping Question

I need advice on the re-stamping procedure, to give a background about my visa situation
    1. I have my original H1B visa approved and stamped, valid till Sept-2016 and the stamped visa has my company's legal entity let's say "Legal Entity 1 LLC" when I was in "Location A"
    2. With future amendments on my H1B, I have extension till Mar-2018 and job location has changed to "Location B" and I have moved to a different legal entity let's say "Legal Entity 2 LLC" still with the same company
    3. I have my i-94 having validity till Sept-2017 (till passport expiry date)

I am planning to renew my Indian passport in Aug-2016 and travel to India in Dec-2016 and return back to US in Jan-2017. I realise that I need to re-stamp my visa since the physically stamped visa has a validity date of Sept-2016. My question is while do the re-stamping do I need to give the interview again or just a passport drop-off in the US consulate?

Please advice.

Thanks

Originally posted by Singh9876 View Post
    I need advice on the re-stamping procedure, to give a background about my visa situation
    1. I have my original H1B visa approved and stamped, valid till Sept-2016 and the stamped visa has my company's legal entity let's say "Legal Entity 1 LLC" when I was in "Location A"
    2. With future amendments on my H1B, I have extension till Mar-2018 and job location has changed to "Location B" and I have moved to a different legal entity let's say "Legal Entity 2 LLC" still with the same company
    3. I have my i-94 having validity till Sept-2017 (till passport expiry date)

I am planning to renew my Indian passport in Aug-2016 and travel to India in Dec-2016 and return back to US in Jan-2017. I realise that I need to re-stamp my visa since the physically stamped visa has a validity date of Sept-2016. My question is while do the re-stamping do I need to give the interview again or just a passport drop-off in the US consulate?

Please advice.

Thanks
    You should be able to use the drop box facility.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X