Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Drop box question

Hi,

Can some one let me know what does this question from interview waiver eligibility questions mean

"Was your prior visa annotated "Clearance received" or "Department Authorization"

Does that mean your last/latest visa stamp on passport ? or any visa stamp that comes under same category?

Any help would be appreciated.

i believe last visa stamp on passport

Comment

Visa interview waiver- H1b

For question has your visa expired within last 12 months - Is the 12 months considered from the date you would be dropping off your passport at US Embassy in India or from the date you are submitting CGIfederal and DS 160 form online. (My previous visa expired in last week of September, today is september 10th and I will travel to india in November ... So if I submit CGIfederal form online today, does that make me eligible for Interview waiver?)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike33 View Post
        For question has your visa expired within last 12 months - Is the 12 months considered from the date you would be dropping off your passport at US Embassy in India or from the date you are submitting CGIfederal and DS 160 form online. (My previous visa expired in last week of September, today is september 10th and I will travel to india in November ... So if I submit CGIfederal form online today, does that make me eligible for Interview waiver?)
        12 Months from the drop off date.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

the 12 months are calculated based on the visa expiry date on the stamp. You can also check your I797 approval and find the end date. This day+365 days is what USCIS takes into consideration.

Note that the date is not when you drop the papers at a drop box location but rather the date on which US Consulate receives your papers from the drop box VFS office.

Since you have no control over what happens once you drop the papers via dropbox, plan ahead. Speaking from experience.
          ------------------------
          I reply with my experience and not from any legal perspective.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X