X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drop box eligibility with change of employer

Hi,

Please find below some useful background information:

* I was working for an employer A. Recently I made a switch and now working for the employer B.
    * I have a VISA stamped with employer A valid till 2018.
    * Now, I want to visit India this November. I'll be getting married and my spouse will be apply for H4 VISA.

I have read lot online. And there are contrasting views on whether I should go for re-stamping or not. I contacted my company's lawyer and they suggested the re-stamping is not necessary. However, I'm more inclined towards re-stamping to get all records straight.

Could someone help me understand if I could be eligible for drop-box. I meet all the criteria (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visarenew.asp), however there is no clarity if it works with change of employer.

-Thanks

I am in a very similar, if not the same, boat as you and I contacted the help desk on this subject. They confirmed that change of employer being a criterion for drop box eligibility is a thing of past and is no longer a pre-requisite. In fact, you can only get your Visa stamped thru drop box - i.e you won't even be allowed to schedule an interview with the consulate. You can confirm this by answering the questions in: https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ by creating a profile and applying for Visa.

Comment

Originally posted by mystarrocks View Post
      I am in a very similar, if not the same, boat as you and I contacted the help desk on this subject. They confirmed that change of employer being a criterion for drop box eligibility is a thing of past and is no longer a pre-requisite. In fact, you can only get your Visa stamped thru drop box - i.e you won't even be allowed to schedule an interview with the consulate. You can confirm this by answering the questions in: https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ by creating a profile and applying for Visa.
      Thanks for the reply. Could you please tell me how you contacted the help desk? If by phone, then please provide the contact number? I have emailed them, but still haven't heard back from them.

Comment

Originally posted by prashantc88 View Post
        Thanks for the reply. Could you please tell me how you contacted the help desk? If by phone, then please provide the contact number? I have emailed them, but still haven't heard back from them.

Any updates about this? I am in same situation. VISA stamp on my passport is valid until 2018 but I have changed employers and old petition is revoked. Can i go for dropbox? Should I answer Yes/No to the question "Is your visa still valid? "

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Please share your experience while entering to US with your old visa valid stamp.

Please share your experience while entering to US with your old visa valid stamp.

Hi,

* I was working for an employer A. Recently I made a switch and now working for the employer B.
          * Now, I want to visit India this November. I'll be getting married and my spouse will be apply for H4 VISA.

I have read lot online. And there are contrasting views on whether I should go for re-stamping or not. I contacted my company's lawyer and they suggested the re-stamping is not necessary. However, I'm more inclined towards re-stamping to get all records straight.

Could someone help me understand if I could be eligible for drop-box. I meet all the criteria , however there is no clarity if it works with change of employer.

-Thanks

Comment

H1 Stamping after employer change

Hi,

Could someone help me understand if I could be eligible for drop-box. I meet all the criteria (http://www.ustraveldocs.com/in/in-niv-visarenew.asp), however there is no clarity if it works with change of employer.

-Thanks

Hi Prashant,

I have a similar situation and traveling to Delhi in Feb 2017. Can you please update how it went for you ? Did you return from India without new stamping ??

Thanks!!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X