Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clarification Required on the Timeline for H1 Visa Restamping, Dropbox @ Chennai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarification Required on the Timeline for H1 Visa Restamping, Dropbox @ Chennai

Hi All,

My Initial H1b and Initial H1b Visa Stamping got Expired on 15th Oct 2015. H1b Extension applied and approved till Sept 2017. During this period I was in the USA.

Due to Certain Personal Emergency Situation, I came to Chennai on 18th August 2016. As I need to go back to USA, went for Drop Box Location in Chennai and submitted my Documents on 22nd August 2016.

Today, when I was checking the Status @ CEAC, it shows as "READY" and the Latest updated date as 24th August 2016. When I was checking the Status @ US Travel Docs, it is showing the Status as "Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate"

Would request you to kindly provide me guidance and help me to understand, when would i be receiving my Passport with Stamping.

Originally posted by anandhapm View Post
    Hi All,

My Initial H1b and Initial H1b Visa Stamping got Expired on 15th Oct 2015. H1b Extension applied and approved till Sept 2017. During this period I was in the USA.

Due to Certain Personal Emergency Situation, I came to Chennai on 18th August 2016. As I need to go back to USA, went for Drop Box Location in Chennai and submitted my Documents on 22nd August 2016.

Today, when I was checking the Status @ CEAC, it shows as "READY" and the Latest updated date as 24th August 2016. When I was checking the Status @ US Travel Docs, it is showing the Status as "Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate"

Would request you to kindly provide me guidance and help me to understand, when would i be receiving my Passport with Stamping.
    Dont depend a lot on online status. If all wen well you should get the passport in a week to 10 days.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Dont depend a lot on online status. If all wen well you should get the passport in a week to 10 days.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Hi Raghvi,

As of Yesterday (30th August 2016), the Status has got changed to "ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING". I guess my Visa would be stamped in a couple of Days of Time.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Comment

Dropbox eligibility for first time travellers

Hi, I have a valid h1b visa stamped till 30th sep 16, currently my extension is going on for same employer. Just wanted to confirm if I'm eligible for drop box facility, all the answers to the questions for eligibility are yes. But I haven't travelled to US ever. Just wanted to confirm if drop box facility is available for repeated travellers only or first time travellers as well.

Comment

Need help for H1 extension stamping

Originally posted by anandhapm View Post
          Hi All,

Hi anandhapm

My H1 Visa expired Sep 30 2015 and got my visa extended until Sep 2018. I am planning to go to India soon and was wondering if I am eligible for Drop box stamping. The questions for Drop box eligibility are all Yes. Do I have to fill DS 160 again and book dates for finger print/interview? Or can I just drop all my documents at any drop box location?

Please let me know.

Comment

Dropbox eligibility when visa is expired

Originally posted by taniphil View Post
            Hi anandhapm

My H1 Visa expired Sep 30 2015 and got my visa extended until Sep 2018. I am planning to go to India soon and was wondering if I am eligible for Drop box stamping. The questions for Drop box eligibility are all Yes. Do I have to fill DS 160 again and book dates for finger print/interview? Or can I just drop all my documents at any drop box location?

Please let me know.
            Hi, What happened with this? Were you eligible for dropbox with your visa expired? (but extended?)

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X