Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OPT Expires Before H-1B is issued? Any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OPT Expires Before H-1B is issued? Any suggestions?

Hi,

I was wondering if you could shed some light and tell me what are my options at this moment. My OPT expires in July 17, 2006 and H-1b are issued in October.

· I had applied for my OPT in first week of May of 2005 "around 9th of May" right befor my graduation in May 2005.

· There was a delay on the issue of my OPT by INS, thus the OPT got approved on September 22, 2005 and it would expire on July 14, 2006. In a total of 9 and half months.

· Since OPT did not come on time, I had to get a temporary work visa which got activated in September 29, 2005 and would expire on December 29, 2005.

· After receiving my OPT I started work on October 10, 2005.

· The organization I work offered have 6 months of probation period, thus I will only file for my H-1b this coming April, 2006.

· However, since the INS will not authorize H-1b until October, 2006 and considering my visa will expire in July, 2006, I will no longer be able to work for 3 full months. Based on this situation, my work could not afford me to not work for 3 full months, and ultimately not be able to sponsor my H-1b.

Thus, I would like to ask you what are my current options at this point. I have also been advised that it is possible expedite the H-1b process. Would you have any suggestions on this regard?

Thank you.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X