Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Baby born after H1 approval

Hello

We are expecting a baby next month and my H1 got approved yesterday.

How much time does it take to add new born in my h1 application, for his/her H4?

Please advice. Need to take decision about my stamping.

Thank you.

Originally posted by akki123 View Post
    Hello

We are expecting a baby next month and my H1 got approved yesterday.

How much time does it take to add new born in my h1 application, for his/her H4?

Please advice. Need to take decision about my stamping.

Thank you.
    I am assuming you are still outside US. Technically there is no "addition of dependents to an H1 petition". As and when you go for H1 stampign you can include the H4 dependents also in the same interview slot and attend the H1 interview and your dependent can attend the H4 interview.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      I am assuming you are still outside US. Technically there is no "addition of dependents to an H1 petition". As and when you go for H1 stampign you can include the H4 dependents also in the same interview slot and attend the H1 interview and your dependent can attend the H4 interview.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Ok. Thank you for clarifying. So there is no role for my employer in this, I just need to mention it while feeling DS 160 right?

Comment

Originally posted by akki123 View Post
        Ok. Thank you for clarifying. So there is no role for my employer in this, I just need to mention it while feeling DS 160 right?
        Employer would probably need to know to provide insurance and as per internal company policy, but from the visa interview point, you would fill a separate DS-160 for the baby. And take passport along with birth certificate and the photos. Remember, each visa applicant has a separate DS-160 and fees.

This is my opinion not legal advice

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          Employer would probably need to know to provide insurance and as per internal company policy, but from the visa interview point, you would fill a separate DS-160 for the baby. And take passport along with birth certificate and the photos. Remember, each visa applicant has a separate DS-160 and fees.

This is my opinion not legal advice
          Great! Things are much clear to me now. Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X