Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa stamping after extension approval

Hi –

Currently I am in USA with my wife (H4 Dependent) and my extension (H1B) is already approved and received I797 from USCIS but Visa is not yet stamp on passport. Soon my wife will be traveling to India where she will be availing drop box facility .

I have 3 questions here :
    1) Does she has to carry any additional document apart from general document required for stamping as I will not be available with her ?
    2) Is there any problem she would face without me (H1B applicant)
    3) Is there any chance that client letter may be asked to her ?

Regarding 3rd point , In last couple of month lot of my colleagues (H1B) traveled to India where they asked for Client letter document , I am worried if this document is required for my wife (H4 dependent) as well.

Can you please guide me .

Thanks

Can anyone please respond to this . Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by VaibhavNarkhede View Post
      Hi –

Currently I am in USA with my wife (H4 Dependent) and my extension (H1B) is already approved and received I797 from USCIS but Visa is not yet stamp on passport. Soon my wife will be traveling to India where she will be availing drop box facility .

1) Does she has to carry any additional document apart from general document required for stamping as I will not be available with her ?

Regarding 3rd point , In last couple of month lot of my colleagues (H1B) traveled to India where they asked for Client letter document , I am worried if this document is required for my wife (H4 dependent) as well.

Thanks
      1. Latest I797, paystubs, marriage certificate, client letter and latest employment letter.
      2. The only past issues I have heard of is when the employer employee relation is not clearly established or the employer has had a history of denials.
      3. It depends on the above. Rarely but yes its a possibility.

If the employer did provide client letter then you should be good. Otherwise its upto you if you want to take the chances.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

@PMVaibhavNarkhede,

Did your wife get H4 visa with your H1B extension? It will be great help since I am in the same situation and my wife would need to travel soon and will be availing a drop box option.

Comment

Wife going for H4 visa stamping​ with H1B extension of husband

Originally posted by VaibhavNarkhede View Post
          Hi –

Thanks
          Any one gone through such a case? Any one could share their experience?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X