Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1-B petition Expiry Query

Hi,
    I had a H1-B approved petition from my previous employer and the approval email stated the validity as till August 2017.
    I got the Petition Approval in August 2014.
    Wanted to know what is the period of validity in case I do not find any filer for me.
    I read some forums that I can use it in the next 6 years but the Petition is valid only till August 2017 according to the email I have.
    Please clarify, I did not get stamping and All i have is emails from the USCIS for approvals and Petition Number?
    So am i under the cap exempt only till Aug 2017 and what after that I I do not get my Visa stamped.

Originally posted by Puneet Sahota View Post
    Hi,
    I had a H1-B approved petition from my previous employer and the approval email stated the validity as till August 2017.
    I got the Petition Approval in August 2014.
    Wanted to know what is the period of validity in case I do not find any filer for me.
    I read some forums that I can use it in the next 6 years but the Petition is valid only till August 2017 according to the email I have.
    Please clarify, I did not get stamping and All i have is emails from the USCIS for approvals and Petition Number?
    So am i under the cap exempt only till Aug 2017 and what after that I I do not get my Visa stamped.
    6 Years from 2014. But if you do not have the approval notice (I797) copy with you it will be difficult.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X