Valid H1-B, currently in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valid H1-B, currently in India

I was working in US on H1-B visa, still valid for another 2.5 years. I quit my last company in April 2016 and moved back to India. Now what options do I have if I want to come back to US?

1. Can I come back on same H1-B visa with my last company?
    2. Get tourist visa, find a job in US and transfer tourist visa to H1-B visa?
    3. While staying in India, get an offer from US based company and get my H1-B transferred?

Originally posted by jsay52 View Post
    I was working in US on H1-B visa, still valid for another 2.5 years. I quit my last company in April 2016 and moved back to India. Now what options do I have if I want to come back to US?

1. Can I come back on same H1-B visa with my last company?
    2. Get tourist visa, find a job in US and transfer tourist visa to H1-B visa?
    3. While staying in India, get an offer from US based company and get my H1-B transferred?
    1. Yes as long as their I797 is valid and you have valid H1 visa stamped in passport.
    2. I would not recommend that. Their system would know that you already have a H1 approved, and further, you need a strong reason to get B2 visa, searching for jobs is not a valid reason.
    3. Best and safest option.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X