Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer of employment any problem for H4 arrival

Hi

I have small doubt. I am working on H1B here in US with company X. My spouce and kids already got F4 stamping done and they are expected to arrive in June this year.

Now, I am planning to change my employement to company Y and transfer my H1B to company Y in month March 2006. If I change my H1B to another company before my family's arrival, is it required my family has to go for stamping again in India? Because on their H4 my old company X name is printed.

If i change my employer now and my family arrive in June with old stamping, is it illegal?

Can any one please help in this question.

Thanks
    Rachana.A

Sorry its H4 stamping already done. (not F4 its typing mistake).

Rachana.A

Comment

The H-4 dependent is allowed to enter on H-4 status based on the H1B extension pending, but the H1B"s prior status before the transfer must not have expired so that the H-4 may enter only until the validity of the prior H1B approval notice. Then, depending on how long the I-94 is valid, your spouse and kids must immediately, after entering the U.S., file an H-4 extension of status before the H-4"s I-94 expires, based on your new H1B receipt notice.

Comment

Hi All,
        I am also having similar kind of issue. My dependents are having H4 with my previous employer. Now I changed my employer from A to B and the H1B transfer has been filed. Could you plese let me know..
        --whether re-stamping for H4 required as they already got H4 from Employer A and valid till next 3 yrs.
        -- Can H4 travel while my H1B transfer has been applied or do they need to wait for the H1B transfer approval?

Thanks.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X