Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel To India Within 2 Months of my H1 Visa Expiry

Hi All,

I'm planning to travel to India on Dec 15,2016 to Jan 10, 2017. My current H1B Stampping expires on Feb 25, 2017.

Questions:
    1. Do I need to go for H1B stamping in India as my visa expires in less than 2 months from the date of travel?
    2. Will the Immigration ask me why I haven't gone for stamping at port of entry. If they ask what will be the best answer?
    3. What are the problems I might face due to H1B visa expiring in less than 2 months?

Thanks

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
    Hi All,

I'm planning to travel to India on Dec 15,2016 to Jan 10, 2017. My current H1B Stampping expires on Feb 25, 2017.

Questions:
    1. Do I need to go for H1B stamping in India as my visa expires in less than 2 months from the date of travel?
    2. Will the Immigration ask me why I haven't gone for stamping at port of entry. If they ask what will be the best answer?
    3. What are the problems I might face due to H1B visa expiring in less than 2 months?

Thanks
    1. Not required but highly recommended to.
    2. Possible. You can say that dates in near future are currently not available.But then you can also use a dropbox if you are keen on getting a new visa stamp. Are you not planning to get a new I797?
    3. You may be denied entry if they doubt you will have future certainty of job. Would strongly advise getting a new I797, with or without new visa before re entering

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X