No announcement yet.

L1 to h1 cos in rfe, notice period of l1 company if h1 approved after oct 1st

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 to h1 cos in rfe, notice period of l1 company if h1 approved after oct 1st

Subject :
    L1 TO H1 COS IN RFE, NOTICE PERIOD OF L1 COMPANY IF H1 APPROVED AFTER OCT 1ST
    I need urgent help. I am currently on L1 B in usa working for company A. I had a company B who filed my CoS L1 to H1. This COS petition was in RFE and response was sent on 24 Aug 2016. Its still being reviewed by USCIS.

While company B file my COS for L1 to H1 they did not file my wife's L2 to H4. They said they can file after H1B is approved.

I have following questions

1. If My H1b COS is approved after oct 1st with effective date of same day (for e.g 15 oct 2016), is serving 2 week notice period on company A will be allowed? (I can surely resign from Company A on the same day)

2. How much grace period we have for my wife to apply for her H4, can she be in the country when my H1b is effective as I understand Her L2 will not be valid anymore. Will it be legal to be here. I could have send her back to india however I had my son born less than 2 month back and he is very young to travel in international flight.

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X