Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is original approval notices required for H-4 stamping and port of entry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is original approval notices required for H-4 stamping and port of entry?

Hi,

Please help me here since I am going to India soon.

I am on H-1 and my previous petition was valid till Jan 2017. My wife was also on H-1. Her PERM processing was taking long time so her employer insisted we convert her to H-4 EAD till the I-140 is approved. So, my employer filed my H-1 extension, her H-4 and I-539 together and the case status shows that all that has been approved. However, my law firm has not received the approval notices yet. I am flying to India on Sep 21 i.e. in 5 days and there is a possibility that the original approval notices don't reach me on time. My lawyer said that they will send me a scanned copy of the notices as soon as they get it.

- Does my wife need my original H-1 I-797 approval notice and her original I-539 for stamping in India?
    - Do we need the originals at the port of entry?

Please help.

Originally posted by abhattacharya08 View Post
    Hi,

Please help me here since I am going to India soon.

I am on H-1 and my previous petition was valid till Jan 2017. My wife was also on H-1. Her PERM processing was taking long time so her employer insisted we convert her to H-4 EAD till the I-140 is approved. So, my employer filed my H-1 extension, her H-4 and I-539 together and the case status shows that all that has been approved. However, my law firm has not received the approval notices yet. I am flying to India on Sep 21 i.e. in 5 days and there is a possibility that the original approval notices don't reach me on time. My lawyer said that they will send me a scanned copy of the notices as soon as they get it.

- Does my wife need my original H-1 I-797 approval notice and her original I-539 for stamping in India?
    - Do we need the originals at the port of entry?

Please help.
    Till when is your H1 visa stamping in the passport valid?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Till when is your H1 visa stamping in the passport valid?
      My current stamp is valid till Jan 2017 but what about my wife. She needs a new H-4 stamp and way back to US. Do I need the originals in either case?

Comment

Originally posted by abhattacharya08 View Post
        My current stamp is valid till Jan 2017 but what about my wife. She needs a new H-4 stamp and way back to US. Do I need the originals in either case?
        No it's not a necessity. But if you are planning to return without going for stamping, upon return you will most likely get I94 only till your visa expiry, thereby needing to file another extension for yourself after coming back.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X