Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visa stamping while H1B transfer in process

Hello everyone,
    I am in a fix. I have already applied for H1b transfer for which processing is still on since its under regular category. In the mean while I leave for india in 2 months and just realized I need visa stamping. I am confused
    1. Whether to continue working with the same employer since the new H1b is going to take a while? Even if I do so, during the interview I could get in trouble if they ask me why am I changing jobs and all....
    2. Should I cancel my trip and go for stamping next year?

Please if anyone could suggest me the solution.

Thank you.

Originally posted by vidisha View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I am in a fix. I have already applied for H1b transfer for which processing is still on since its under regular category. In the mean while I leave for india in 2 months and just realized I need visa stamping. I am confused
    1. Whether to continue working with the same employer since the new H1b is going to take a while? Even if I do so, during the interview I could get in trouble if they ask me why am I changing jobs and all....
    2. Should I cancel my trip and go for stamping next year?

Please if anyone could suggest me the solution.

Thank you.
    Why would it take 2 Months? Apply in premium and get results within 4 weeks.Get it approved prior to travel, and use dropbox(if eligible) to get yourself a new visa. If you are not eligible for Dropbox then you may have to reconsider as interview wait times are very long.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X