H1B visa stamping refused after 221G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B visa stamping refused after 221G

I was working here in US with X consulting company on H1B. I went to India for vacation, and my H1B visa stamping got rejected after 221G. My case status has been changed to "REFUSED". I was not given any reason / or any letter with rejection reason. I need to know:
    1) How to know the reason from consular for rejection.
    2) Can I use the same H1B petition with some other employer and come back to US on H1B with new employer. Is there any risk to get it rejected?
    3) Can I appeal for this refusal.

Originally posted by sameer.gupta.phx View Post
    I was working here in US with X consulting company on H1B. I went to India for vacation, and my H1B visa stamping got rejected after 221G. My case status has been changed to "REFUSED". I was not given any reason / or any letter with rejection reason. I need to know:
    2) Can I use the same H1B petition with some other employer and come back to US on H1B with new employer. Is there any risk to get it rejected?
    Contact USCIS and ask if they have provided a reason with the rejected petition. You cannot reuse a rejected petition with a new employer. A new petition must be drafted with a new employer. Was your H1B extension rejected? If yes then you are CAP exempt but not exempt from an interview.
    ------------------------
    I reply with my experience and not from any legal perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by sameer.gupta.phx View Post
      I am also in same boat. I was also issued 221g (yellow slip) and after few weeks my case status changed to refused. I already collected my passport and there is no further information available.

Comment

Originally posted by mailvisa View Post
        I am also in same boat. I was also issued 221g (yellow slip) and after few weeks my case status changed to refused. I already collected my passport and there is no further information available.
        I also contacted counselor many times through mails and phone, but getting no responses. Do you know the reason why your visa got rejected. I was not given any reason/slip for the rejection.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X