Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Travel after transfer H1B

HI,
    My H1B is being tranfered to a new company. I have to travel outside the US in alittl eover a month, I was told by the HR department that I can travel and come back with the approved petition. Is that true? Or am I supposed to go do an interview and get the visa in my passport with the new company name. If so , can I do that in the US?

Thanks

You dont need to get a new visa stamped. You can return using your old visa stamp (though it has your prev employers name), as long as your old visa is VALID. You will just need to carry your H1B transfer approval notice with you. Also, make sure that your new I-94 card will have the expiry date as per your new H1 transfer approval notice and NOT your old H1b visa.

- Not a legal advice

Comment

Visa interview appointment on old H1?? New one not yet approved !!

hi Could someone please advise me on the following situation:

I have an H1 from company A and my job is getting over on 31st March. I recently applied for H1 transfer with company B which will take atleast 2 months to come. I have to go to India for 2 months. I was planning to come back on my new H1 after getting it stamped. Now the problem is if I wait till my new H1 approval comes which will be sometime in June, I won't get any interveiw date for another 4-5 months i.e. until Oct-Dec. But I want to come back in July. Is it possible that I take the date based on the current H1 and the petition no and change that in the application once I get the new H1?? Would they let me do it without taking the new date?

I would highly appreciate an early reply. Even if I go for premium processing, it will take atleast 20 days and by then the visa dates would go far back.

Thanks
      Sid

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X