Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regarding details on H1-B

Hi All,

I have applied for H1-B in April 2015 through an company in US. My application got selected in Lottery, later there was request for additional documents, and unfortunately petition got rejected!

In recent interactions with one of my friend, I got to know that I can apply with a new petition with old petition reference, and as my previous petition already got picked up, I do not need to undergo the lottery process, is that true! I heard that, once petition is picked in lottery, then it will have an validity of 6 years, and a new petition can be filed with reference to old one. Is this the case? Please share any inputs which you might be aware in this regard.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
    Pradeep.

Originally posted by Pradeepkumarp View Post
    Hi All,

I have applied for H1-B in April 2015 through an company in US. My application got selected in Lottery, later there was request for additional documents, and unfortunately petition got rejected!

In recent interactions with one of my friend, I got to know that I can apply with a new petition with old petition reference, and as my previous petition already got picked up, I do not need to undergo the lottery process, is that true! I heard that, once petition is picked in lottery, then it will have an validity of 6 years, and a new petition can be filed with reference to old one. Is this the case? Please share any inputs which you might be aware in this regard.

Thank you in advance!

Regards,
    Pradeep.
    You can't use that petition now since it was not approved. Petition has to be approved in order to use it as cap exempt in next 6 years.
    This is just my opinion, not a legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X