Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H-1B Transfer & Travel Question

Hi All,

Last year, October 2015, I got my H-1B approved by Employer A and am working on that currently till date. However, I haven't got the visa stamped as yet. Now, I have an offer from Employer B, which means they will transfer the H-1B visa. I have a couple of questions around this.

1. I am planning to travel to India once the H-1B visa from Employer B is approved AND before joining Employer B. Will that cause any issues during visa stamping?
    2. While returning back, I will have the approved I-797 and the visa stamp from Employer B, Will there be an issue at the port of entry?
    3. Are there any other issues that i need to be aware of?

Thanks a lot for your time and help! Any answers to these questions would be greatly helpful!!

Originally posted by Nithin Anand View Post
    Hi All,

Last year, October 2015, I got my H-1B approved by Employer A and am working on that currently till date. However, I haven't got the visa stamped as yet. Now, I have an offer from Employer B, which means they will transfer the H-1B visa. I have a couple of questions around this.

1. I am planning to travel to India once the H-1B visa from Employer B is approved AND before joining Employer B. Will that cause any issues during visa stamping?
    2. While returning back, I will have the approved I-797 and the visa stamp from Employer B, Will there be an issue at the port of entry?
    3. Are there any other issues that i need to be aware of?

Thanks a lot for your time and help! Any answers to these questions would be greatly helpful!!
    Dont see any. I do hope you have all the paperwork (client letter, if applicable, etc) while going for the H1 interview.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X