I94 Expired -H1B extension denied and H1B transfer decesion pending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I94 Expired -H1B extension denied and H1B transfer decesion pending

My I94/H1-B expired on 5th May 2016 . My extension was filed in April . On July 15th I lost my job and transferred my H1B to a new company on 1st Aug in regular processing and the decision is still pending . I got to know on Sep 2nd that my H1B extension got denied with my previous company , most likely my H1B transfer will be approved with CP.

However, I came to know that one can not stay in US more than 180 days after I94 expiration date .

With that said should I convert my H1B to PP have the decision in hand asap before 5th November (180 days completes on 5th Nov)

OR

Should I keep waiting for my H1B decession which is filed under regular processing and most likley to come in late November or early December

Originally posted by muneebhussain View Post
    My I94/H1-B expired on 5th May 2016 . My extension was filed in April . On July 15th I lost my job and transferred my H1B to a new company on 1st Aug in regular processing and the decision is still pending . I got to know on Sep 2nd that my H1B extension got denied with my previous company , most likely my H1B transfer will be approved with CP.

However, I came to know that one can not stay in US more than 180 days after I94 expiration date .

With that said should I convert my H1B to PP have the decision in hand asap before 5th November (180 days completes on 5th Nov)

OR

Should I keep waiting for my H1B decession which is filed under regular processing and most likley to come in late November or early December
    Upgrade to premium.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X