H1 transfer after approved I-140

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 transfer after approved I-140

I have completed 6 years of my H1b recently, my employer A has applied for my perm and I have a approved I-140 and got recent extension of H1B for three years until sep, 2019.
    I am planning to switch jobs...
    I understand that new employer B can file for H1B transfer based on my prior approved I-140 ( assuming it is not revoked ) but also has to file a a labor certification again and I can use the priority date from employer A.. is this right. Am I missing anything else.

Any help appreciated...?

Thank you..

Originally posted by Doctheseus View Post
    I have completed 6 years of my H1b recently, my employer A has applied for my perm and I have a approved I-140 and got recent extension of H1B for three years until sep, 2019.
    I am planning to switch jobs...
    I understand that new employer B can file for H1B transfer based on my prior approved I-140 ( assuming it is not revoked ) but also has to file a a labor certification again and I can use the priority date from employer A.. is this right. Am I missing anything else.

Any help appreciated...?

Thank you..
    How long has it been with I140 approved?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      How long has it been with I140 approved?
      I-140 was approved in July ending..I am planning to switch jobs by the end of January 2017..

Comment

Originally posted by Doctheseus View Post
        I-140 was approved in July ending..I am planning to switch jobs by the end of January 2017..
        I think it will be fine. Do ensure you move only if the next employer gets enough time on the H1 approval in order to complete the PERM and I140 again.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          I think it will be fine. Do ensure you move only if the next employer gets enough time on the H1 approval in order to complete the PERM and I140 again.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
          thank you..I have a call with my next employer's attorney today and will update this thread if I hear anything otherwise.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X